About Dr. Lea Kelley
Hello and welcome!
Early on, my athletic abilities naturally lead me to want to study Sports Medicine at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California. I graduated from Pepperdine with a Bachelor’s of Science in Sports Medicine with an emphasis in Pre-Med. I also attended the Florence, ITALY program (Pepperdine Firenze)
Immediately after graduation I worked for several years at Centinela Hospital’s Fitness Institute (CHFI) as an Exercise Physiologist. I was able to apply exactly what I had learned in college in a hospital setting, using exercise science, exercise performance testing and fitness training, along with various other medical testing which included but was not limited to:
• Vision & hearing, including glaucoma testing
• Phlebotomy (drawing blood from our patients to be sent to the lab for testing)
• Spirometry (lung volume testing)
• Resting ECG/treadmill ECG testing (with or without measurement of O2 exchange) with concurrent blood pressure monitoring.
• Flexibility and strength testing
• Body-fat analysis; underwater weighing and caliper techniques.
• Assist the attending physicians with PAP smears or sigmoidoscopy tests.
• Special performance testing was provided for the PGA, LPGA and amateur golfers including video taping their swing and strength testing using Cybex equipment.
• I was able to perform various medical and fitness testing with Several professional sports teams including, but not limited to The Lakers, Dodgers and The Kings.
• Police, Fire and Secret Service Departments also had their testing done at CHFI.
• Special training/fitness programs were customized to each individual taking all of the above-mentioned tests into careful consideration. Heart rate and blood pressure monitoring was available to all cardiac patients and all fitness club members in the fitness institute’s gym.
I graduated from Los Angeles College of Chiropractic in Whittier, California and subsequently was granted a Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree. I was on the Dean’s List all 10 terms and was granted a life-time member ship to the Delta Sigma Honorary Scholastic Society. I was also nominated by L.A.C.C.’s Dean and featured in the National Dean’s List.
Outside of my class studies, I concurrently took hundreds of hours of extra study and “practice” of various chiropractic techniques with chiropractors who are experts in their field. This allowed me to be confident early on in my chiropractic abilities, even before I reached the clinical studies and practice.
Currently, I offer non-force and manual (chiropractic) manipulation therapies including but not limited to:
– Applied Kinesiology (A.K.)
– Neuro-Emotional Technique (N.E.T.) which is combined with 5-element homeopathy.
– Thompson – Drop
– Nimmo, Receptor Tonus
I also hold an X-ray Supervisor and Operator permit from the Radiologic Department of the Department of Health and Human Services which allows me to take x-rays of my patients.
The “eastern medicine” theory is interwoven into at least one of the above-mentioned techniques (A.K.), which led me to further my studies in Chinese Medicine several years after I became a licensed, practicing chiropractor.
I graduated from Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine (E.C.T.O.M.) in Santa Monica, California, Summa Cum Laude. I was also granted a Master’s Degree in Traditional Oriental Medicine (M.T.O.M.). Additionally, I received a Diplomate Degree in Acupuncture (Dipl.Ac.) from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (N.C.C.A.O.M.)
Current and Former Memberships
California Chiropractic Association, American Chiropratic Association, Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals, 2006-2007 list, International Thespian Society – lifetime member, American Track and Field Association, New York Road Runner’s Club, Boston Athletic Association
I have completed 48+ full marathons. My official winnings are:
- 1st Place Over-all Female, Palos Verdes Marathon 2003
- 2nd Place Over-all Female, 2000 Russian River Run (marathon)
- 2nd Place Over-all Female, 1997 Napa Valley Trail Marathon
- Various 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place winnings in my division.